A Guide to Making the Perfect unicorn Pancake: Want to make a fun and creative breakfast for your kids? To wow little unicorn fans, learn how to make these simple pancakes.
How to Make Pancakes That Look Like Unicorns
I love it when simple things turn magical! I’m going to show you how to make EASY unicorn pancakes today because they are sure to make your kids smile, and I love hearing that!
You can use a box mix, frozen pancakes, or make these unicorn pancakes from scratch. One of my favorite pancake recipes is below, if you have time and want to make them from scratch. They are just as cute made from box mix if you don’t have time or ingredients.
My kids love pancakes for breakfast, and making unicorns out of them makes me laugh so hard. They can tell right away what it is because this unicorn is pretty hard to mess up, unlike some of the other pancake creations I’ve made in the past.
What you need to make pancakes from scratch:
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- ¾ cup milk
- melt ¼ cup (½ stick) butter and let it cool a bit.
What you need to make unicorn pancakes:
- Whipped on top
- Sprinkles of rainbow
- There are two blueberries for each unicorn.
- There is one sugar cone for each unicorn.
- Bacon that has been cooked (1 slice for each unicorn)
- A pair of M&Ms for every unicorn
What to do to make pancakes
- Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla to a different bowl and mix them together using a whisk. Then add the butter little by little.
- In the middle of the dry ingredients, make a well. Add the wet ingredients to the well and mix the batter until everything is well mixed. There could be little bumps. Keep the batter out of the way for at least five minutes.
- Put 300 degrees of heat on a griddle. Spray with nonstick cooking spray to add more butter and coat before adding the batter.
How to Make Pancakes with Unicorns
- About a cup of batter for the unicorn should be put on the griddle. Use about ½ to 2/3 cup of batter for the snout. When bubbles start to form on top of the pancakes, flip them over and cook for another two to three minutes, or until they are fully cooked.
- To make the unicorn look nice, put the face pancake on a big plate. Place the smaller pancake near the bottom of the bigger one.
- You will push two M&Ms sideways into the pancake to make the unicorn’s nose. You could also use chocolate chips.
- Put the eyes on top of the nose.
- Two pieces of bacon should be used as the unicorn ears. If the bacon is long, cut it in half, making three pieces.
- When it’s time to serve, make a mane with the whipped topping. This is the part that my kids love the most, and I think it’s also their favorite. To get that magical look, sprinkle some rainbow sprinkles on top. Finally, make the unicorn’s horn out of a sugar cone. Serve right away.
If you’re having a unicorn birthday party, these would be a great way to start the day after a sleepover! OR, a great way to start any day and a great breakfast idea for the birthday kid, right? These are really easy to make, but when you serve them, they look great, and kids love them! Even more fun could be had with the candy sprinkles.
If you’re really brave, you could let the kids decorate their own unicorn pancakes. Here, we LOVE unicorns, so I’m all for adding some unicorn magic to food whenever I can. We shared our favorite magical unicorn donut recipe with you before. If you’re looking for a unicorn craft idea, check out our how to make unicorn bookmarks.
If you like this Recipe about A Guide to Making the Perfect unicorn Pancake please share this Recipe with your friends and family members.